IRISH PHOTO ARCHIVE

Welcome to Irish Photo Archive where Irish historical images and documents have been made available for you to purchase online.

We sell historical, archived images from every day Irish life as well as significant events in the country’s history.

From an archive of over 3.5 million images you can see the many significant characters that visited Ireland over the years. Have a look and enjoy!

Friday 13 November 2015

Happy Customer in France




Cathie in Perpignan France found this unique image that brought her back to a Happy Day in Dublin 

image not displayed
JFK Passing O'Flynn's Barbers O'Connell Street 26/6/1963
Hi Sean,
Thank you so much for the swift arrival of my wonderful photo. 

I can tell you where it has taken me.
Im 4, standing with my dad in the doorway of my dad’s barber shop...and I saw nothing because of the crowds. 
I didn’t care, I got an ice cream from Fortes shop next door to celebrate the moment. 
A 99 with bright red syrup.
Who passed? I don't know..... two men in a big car and a man with sunglasses.
But I'm there.

Thank you.
C

you MUST advertise this service for Christmas; What a super idea as a present (and lets face it, who remembers whet they got last year!!) 
Imagine getting a photo of some big occasion, newsworthy event.... of the year you were born... 
I bet if you put all the BIG moments from each year (from the 30s onwards) that people would love a super print and the lovely cert along with it.
My photo is now framed, and on my wall. Ive no doubt people may think Im a real traditional Irish woman with Kennedy and Dev on the wall (all I'm missing is the Pope) !!
Do I care?
Cathie O Flynn

Thanks Cathie: You have brought a smile to my face in an overcast Ireland today, There was a time when every home in Ireland had a picture of the Pope or The Queen but never Both other options were Big Ian or JFK.
We now have a wide choice of iconic Photographic Decor to suit the more cosmopolitan and informed times we live, as you say there is an image to suit everyone in our collection of B&W Fine Art Prints and a 4 day turnaround to the Sunny South of France ensures we will have your choice any where in the world in time to make a happy Christmas Memory.
Seán 






No comments:

Post a Comment