IRISH PHOTO ARCHIVE

Welcome to Irish Photo Archive where Irish historical images and documents have been made available for you to purchase online.

We sell historical, archived images from every day Irish life as well as significant events in the country’s history.

From an archive of over 3.5 million images you can see the many significant characters that visited Ireland over the years. Have a look and enjoy!

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Crafts in A Time of Coldness

Fall is here!

I can't believe it's October already! Dublin is gorgeous in the fall and the leaves changing colours brighten up my run to work! I seem to always end up feeling particularly crafty around this time of year. I don't know if it's because of the lovely transformation of the trees or if it's because the cold forces me to stay inside and play around on Pinterest (probably the latter) but I have a whole laundry list of easy crafts I'd like to take on. Easy being the key word there, as I have neither the time nor the patience for anything too difficult or complex!

All the excitement with the Rolling Stones pictures has me looking at my own walls with a bit of despair. They are absolutely and unforgivingly blank. I'm at a loss for what to do! I don't want to be at the mercy of plain, cheap photo frames (as I usually am) but I'm really not too craft-coordinated. What a conundrum!

So I think I'll start something here, for all of us none-too-crafty people! We'll start with a fall wish-list and then we'll work our way into some easy crafts. Dip a toe in the metaphorical craft pond!

Pinterest really is the best for DIY crafts and fun decorating ideas and I'm particularly fond of how they make pictures the center-piece of a room! I've had my eye on this little guy for a while and I wouldn't mind trying him out!
Photo credit: http://www.marthastewart.com/267683/tag-sale-upgrades?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/frame-and-mirror-projects

Taking cheap old frames and converting them to centerpieces of a room sounds pretty brilliant to me! I have several blank walls at home that I think could benefit from this little piece of home-making magic! I'm not sure I can find that many frames though, so I may pick and choose some shapes that I like and then add pictures to fill out the effect. They would look great above my little stove!


Look I'm a tree!









This is a cool idea for showing a change over time with photos, especially if you've been in your home awhile or you have access to older pictures of your home. I'm also inclined to try and find a way to put live fish in there with water but I think I'll leave that for more craftier people.



Home is where your keys let you in ; )

This kills me a little because I'm always leaving my keys places I shouldn't. In coat pockets, in a purse or a bag, on the kitchen counter where they are quickly buried by everything else I unload...you get the picture. I would love to do this with a picture of the house or my family. It's a very sweet, very simple idea for keeping your more unorganized family members (me) from panicking in the morning because they're going to be late and they can't find their keys!

That's probably enough of a list for now at least, don't want to put too much on our plate! We'll get started on the supplies for this and keep you updated on where we got them and the price range.

Until we craft again!

-N-

No comments:

Post a Comment