Things were going fine, the base coat of the paint didn't look the way I wanted it to but it still looked nice so I was willing to go with it. It took ages to dry which was annoying but I was totally willing to let it go. And then I got to the actual difficult part...the lettering.
It went horribly. I know the picture is weird-side-what because I'm just using my mac camera but you get the idea. I think what happened is that I tried to free hand the letters (first mistake) and then I wanted to make the lettering really nice and black so I used loads of paint and it dripped into the little creases of the frame that you don't notice are there until they are filled with paint.
Also, the paintbrush I have was too long and bulky so I had my boyfriend use his box cutter thing (I can hardly be trusted to use a paintbrush, let alone a blade) to cut the bristles. Thinking, in all of my ridiculous optimism, that I would then have a nice short bristly paintbrush edge that I could use to be more exact with my painting. But it was not to be so, and the bristles were unruly and rude and didn't cooperate at all.
But I did get to catch up on the new season of New Girl that I had been missing out on due to my lack of internet and cable. Absolute hilarity, Zooey Deschanel is a goddess.