IRISH PHOTO ARCHIVE

Welcome to Irish Photo Archive where Irish historical images and documents have been made available for you to purchase online.

We sell historical, archived images from every day Irish life as well as significant events in the country’s history.

From an archive of over 3.5 million images you can see the many significant characters that visited Ireland over the years. Have a look and enjoy!

Friday 5 October 2012

Fantastically and Finally Friday

It's Friday!

We've all survived the first week of October and fall is really and truly upon us. We've been celebrating here in the office by listening to music all morning, though there have been some disputes about what we should listen to. We started with some Rolling Stones (naturally) and then took an abrupt left and ended up at Bob Marley. The only really tense 'what are you doing to us' moment came when I put on Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. It's a great song, I don't care what anybody says and they're lucky I didn't put on Rebecca Black!

I'm a little anxious to start my craft-ventures. I was looking around the apartment the other day and I realized that I really don't have that much space. Though I saw this picture today (on Pinterest of course) that makes me feel better about potentially completely covering my walls


That doesn't look too bad, right?! I can't get over how much I like the concept of varying the frame sizes and shapes. It makes it look so much more...textured. And the contrast of the hard line where the wall meets the ceiling with the jagged edge of the frames looks absolutely fabulous : )

I'm thinking I'll scour the 2€ shop (that's the european equivalent of the dollar store) for next weeks foray into frame-making. Crafts are supposed to be craftily inexpensive and I'm going to stick to that to protect my artistic integrity (also to protect my wallet).

Couldn't find a picture of a 2€ store but you get the idea ; P
We have a guest here in the office, his first day was yesterday and he is from Italy!


Bam! Google Maps to the rescue! His name is Giommaria and he is from the island Sardinia! He is saving our lives and categorizing the pictures into different dates so we can send out a picture a day! There are some crazy pictures in there--the fifties were a crazy place. Here kids, gather round the wild big cat!

We can only hope the cat was well fed
Well we could sit here and chat all day but we've business to attend to and music to bother our co-workers with! We leave you with this quote:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

--Mark Twain--


We'll show ourselves out.


-N-

No comments:

Post a Comment