IRISH PHOTO ARCHIVE

Welcome to Irish Photo Archive where Irish historical images and documents have been made available for you to purchase online.

We sell historical, archived images from every day Irish life as well as significant events in the country’s history.

From an archive of over 3.5 million images you can see the many significant characters that visited Ireland over the years. Have a look and enjoy!

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Tragedy Without the Truimph : P

Tragedy has struck with my crafting efforts.

Things were going fine, the base coat of the paint didn't look the way I wanted it to but it still looked nice so I was willing to go with it. It took ages to dry which was annoying but I was totally willing to let it go. And then I got to the actual difficult part...the lettering.


It went horribly. I know the picture is weird-side-what because I'm just using my mac camera but you get the idea. I think what happened is that I tried to free hand the letters (first mistake) and then I wanted to make the lettering really nice and black so I used loads of paint and it dripped into the little creases of the frame that you don't notice are there until they are filled with paint.

Also, the paintbrush I have was too long and bulky so I had my boyfriend use his box cutter thing (I can hardly be trusted to use a paintbrush, let alone a blade) to cut the bristles. Thinking, in all of my ridiculous optimism, that I would then have a nice short bristly paintbrush edge that I could use to be more exact with my painting. But it was not to be so, and the bristles were unruly and rude and didn't cooperate at all.

But I did get to catch up on the new season of New Girl that I had been missing out on due to my lack of internet and cable. Absolute hilarity, Zooey Deschanel is a goddess.
Bambi eyes!
I believe my craft blunder can be fixed! A friend of mine recommended getting a different color to outline the words with (in marker) so that the lines look cleaner. I like that idea. I think I'll also use sandpaper (found out we have some at home) and not the cheap Euro Saver scrubbies cause they leave a weird blue residue everywhere. And I'll use it to make the frame look rougher and then maybe my terribly attempts at lettering will make more sense artistically if the whole thing looks rough and rowdy. We shall see. I still have to tackle putting the hooks in as well. I have a lot of television to catch up on and a lot of weekend a head of me so if I don't finish it off by Monday then I'm lazier than even I imagined!

-N-

No comments:

Post a Comment